Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

FAFSA / Tax Form Questions


Replies to: FAFSA / Tax Form Questions

  • VinnyMVinnyM Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member


    Yes, I have, and yes, I will.

    Thanks for all of your assistance twoinanddone!


  • mommdcmommdc Registered User Posts: 11,256 Senior Member
    Yes, the EFC I got from Collegeboard, spreadsheet and EFC formula was the same in our case.

    Collegeboard EFC calculator doesn't ask about siimplified needs or tax form used, but it asks about means tested benefits and dislocated worker, two other qualifiers for simplified needs test.

    Starting in 2018 tax year, there won't be a 1040A or EZ anymore, we don't know what that will mean in regards to simplified needs test going forward.

    If you are going to amend parents' 2017 tax return, take the 1098T and tuition statement for 2017 with you too and see if your parents could have claimed AOTC for you and your sister, and if you and your sister will end up having to file a 2017 tax return as a result.
  • VinnyMVinnyM Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    Does anyone know how I can get a copy of the updated FAFSA spreadsheet?
    Thank you very much.
Sign In or Register to comment.