Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

IDOC questions

SoneSunshinerSoneSunshiner Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
Hello. To upload documents onto IDOC, it says to put an owner name and SSN on all documents. Do I just write this wherever on the pages I scan? Does it include ALL student documents as well, meaning every page? And for tax documents it says don’t include tax prep software cover sheets or confirmation of payment, but do include page 1 and 2 of 1040s. Does that mean I don’t include the first page that says “federal tax return
Prepared by ___” or the next page that says “Dear ___ and ___, I have prepared you 2017 federal income tax return...”? There’s a third page with a receipt and it says “statement of charges for forms and schedules..,” I assume I don’t include that? The tax return is 40 pages long. I have to scan ALL of it, correct?
Also one parent has another job but they didnt get a W-2 for it, instead they got a payroll. Do I include that with the other W-2 or what? Lastly, i have form 1098 (mortgage) and form 1095-B but not part of the federal tax return. Do i include them? Sorry for the long amount of questions. Thanks in advance.

Replies to: IDOC questions

  • twoinanddonetwoinanddone Registered User Posts: 19,967 Senior Member
    Don't include the first 3 pages from the tax software. The first page you send should say 1040 2017 on the top of it and page 1 on the bottom. If the school only wants the first two pages, only send those. If they want all schedules, sent the whole 40 pages. If it didn't want the supporting documents (W2, 1098, 1099). An college may ask for them in the future.
  • thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 73,229 Senior Member
    Also one parent has another job but they didnt get a W-2 for it, instead they got a payroll.

    What does THIS mean?
Sign In or Register to comment.