right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Should I just give up on my Scholarship hunt at this point?

Grijalva480Grijalva480 27 replies16 threads Junior Member
Right now, I'm trying to find scholarships that I can apply and win immediately so I can use it to pay for a Study Abroad Program in Japan this summer(for my major) before it's deadline on March 1st.

No matter how hard I try, I can't find a single scholarship that I qualify for because I'm not a full-time student. People keep saying how scholarships are "easy", which is a load of BS. If it's so easy, then why am I'm struggling to find one for part-time students like myself?
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Should I just give up on my Scholarship hunt at this point?

• MYOS1634MYOS1634 42379 replies455 threads Senior Member
    These scholarships are usually offered by your college's study abroad system. Has that resulted in nothing?
    · Reply · Share
  • Grijalva480Grijalva480 27 replies16 threads Junior Member
    @MYOS1634 Pretty much nothing because they all seem to be restricted only to Full-Time Students. Right now, I'm applying for a Study Abroad Grant(since it doesn't mention if whether or not I'm required to be a Full-Time Student in order to qualify) to give it a shot and see what happens next.
    · Reply · Share
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 42379 replies455 threads Senior Member
    edited February 2019
    Generally part time students are expected to be doing something most of the time (ie., Work, raise children ) and thus aren't expected to go abroad. I'm afraid it's a loophole. :-(
    Fingers crossed on the study abroad grant .
    edited February 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • Grijalva480Grijalva480 27 replies16 threads Junior Member
    @MYOS1634 The only reason why I'm not a Full-Time Student is because of how I reluctant I am to go full-time. I fear that going full-time will conflict with my work schedule too much to the point where I have no choice but to quit my job and risk racking myself up in more credit card and student loan debt than I already have while. Plus, I don't know if taking more courses at University will significantly increase the tuition cost, which is another fear of mine of going full-time.
    · Reply · Share
  • mommdcmommdc 11786 replies31 threads Senior Member
    Do you qualify for a Pell Grant?

https://www.iie.org/Programs/Gilman-Scholarship-Program

Deadline is February 18th
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity