If you've read from my other posts, you'll notice that I've applied to Virginia Tech, and I'll be hearing back from them in March.
In my situation, I moved to California in August to attend UC Davis but recent circumstances have led me to decide to return to VA in May/June. Fortunately, my father insists that no matter what he will pay for my college. However, his planned method of paying will be through funneling the funds through a bank account under my name. Additionally, he intends on splitting the costs of college with my grandparents, meaning they will pay for room & board and my father will tackle everything else.
A little bit of my background before I continue, I lived in Virginia for 18 years. My grandparents currently reside in the state and have been for many decades. Even my father lived there for awhile, too. I attended school (Preschool to high school) in the northern region as well, graduating with an advanced diploma last June.
So, all of this leads me to many questions, and I suppose the best way to ask them is in a list!
1. Your opinion--would I be considered in-state or out-of-state for VT?
2. Because I am technically paying for college myself, would that make me an independent?
3. Based on question #2, what do I put for FAFSA? My father's information? Claim my own independence?
4. Is it even possible to split the college costs as stated above? Again, how does this play into FAFSA?
5. Lastly, would I be awarded scholarships?
Thank you in advance! I appreciate any help given!