right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.


alvarmelialvarmeli 0 replies2 threads New Member
I am having a bit of a rough time trying to find the answer for "Student college grant and scholarship aid reported to the IRS in your mother's income. Includes AmeriCorps benefits (awards, living allowances, and interest accrual payments), as well as grant and scholarship portions of fellowships and assistantships". Would it be from the "8863 Education Credits (American Opportunity and Lifetime learning credits)" page? If so, what box would it be because i only got grants that school year.
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: FAFSA HELP

  • twoinanddonetwoinanddone 24542 replies19 threads Senior Member
    No, it would be if your mother worked for Americorps and got a stipend to either pay some of her loans or yours, or a grant or scholarship for HER working as a fellowship/assistantship; she'd have to pay taxes on this money. It would be uncommon to have either of those things (working for AmeriCorps or being in school with an assistantship).
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity