right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

How to add schools to FAFSA?

taverngirltaverngirl 1612 replies45 threads Senior Member
I filled out a FAFSA for d's school this yer, but she is transferring so need to send it to additional schools. When I go to click "add a school" it won't let me. It tells me that her current school made changes so I have to chose another transaction to correct. So I go into another one but I get the same message, even in the original one submitted by us last December. Any advice? I'm about to lose my mind dealing with this.
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: How to add schools to FAFSA?

• taverngirltaverngirl 1612 replies45 threads Senior Member
    Nevermind - after spending about an hour trying every different option, it somehow finally worked.
    · Reply · Share
  • thumper1thumper1 78061 replies3503 threads Senior Member
    Glad you got it to work! If it hadn’t, I was going to suggest trying a different browser. Sometimes it’s weird.

Did you check the FAFSA to see what Rochester had changed...you know to see if it is accurate?
    · Reply · Share
  • taverngirltaverngirl 1612 replies45 threads Senior Member
    @thumper1 I did not... they actually revised it in June prior to our award being sent as well as after, in July. The told us in an email they made a change to our income tax paid and did a COL adjustment (we live in CT; you know what that's like) That was the second one that allowed them to provide the additional $10K. When I have time I'll go check. Do they summarize the change or do you need to do a line item by line item check?
    · Reply · Share
  • thumper1thumper1 78061 replies3503 threads Senior Member
    You would need to look line by line. Worth doing...
    · Reply · Share