right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Union Benefits?

hockeyfan87hockeyfan87 0 replies1 postsRegistered User New Member
Hey folks, I'm Ashley and I'm enrolled at an online CC and if things go as planned I am to begin classes as of fall semester... Coming up quick... So long story short. Stepdad's 30+ year union membership qualified me for a sweet free college benefit! Hooray! Except the union wanted me to apply for federal aid and had me under the impression that anything not covered by federal aid would be picked up by them. Sounds great. So I apply for federal aid. I was informed that I was awarded a Pell Grant that covers a portion of the total cost. So as I sit here and stare at the remaining balance, I realize I don't know my next move at this point. Does anyone have experience in this? Do I need to contact someone at the union I'm affiliated with? Is it something that my school's financial aid department will smooth over with the union? Or is this the moment where I should start freaking out? Haha.
My next question (if someone has the experience to fill me in or can point me to the right avenue to fill myself in) is trying to find out if the cost of a basic refurbished laptop with minimum system requirements to access my school's online platform and/or any of the cost associated with getting a laptop connected to the internet for school purposes is 'covered' by any of the aid I am rewarded. If no, are there any resources anyone is aware of to help a lady get a device able to complete school work/access interwebs on for cheapish?
I want to thank in advance anyone who is able to lend me a hand with my issues or has any information for me, or resources where I can get that info. Very much appreciated for your time and effort!!! Have a great day!
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Union Benefits?

• thumper1thumper1 73741 replies3213 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Ask your step dad what to do.
    · Reply · Share
  • ucbalumnusucbalumnus 77105 replies671 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Seems like you and your stepdad need to read the union's documentation on what to do next and ask the union if you have any questions.
    · Reply · Share