right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Many schools have delayed their deadlines for enrollment due to COVID-19. Check out our exclusive directory of extended deadlines we know about right now.
STUDENT GUEST OF THE WEEK: Ethan is a burgeoning tech enthusiast who got accepted into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Duke, Brown. This week he's answering your questions on how to best craft your application and narrow down your college search/decision process. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Learn from Amy Nelson from International Scholarship and Tuition Services and Denise Trusty from Morehead State how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes. Join us tomorrow at 5pm ET. Register and ask your question NOW.

Financial Aid for more than one school

mmccddmmccdd 0 replies2 threads New Member
Hello everyone,

I have read that you can't receive more aid if you are already attending an institution, but with the internet comes doubt and I am not sure if what I read is entirely true.

So currently I'm attending a 4-year college majoring in Biology with the aspiration of getting into a doctorate fo chiropractic program. However, in the meantime I've had this passion for massage therapy and wanted to get licensed as a therapist. Most Massage therapy programs are north of 10K and I wouldn't be able to pay all of it out of pocket, at least not now. Would I be able to apply for aid if I want to attend a massage therapy school while also attending college ?

Thank you
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Financial Aid for more than one school

• happymomof1happymomof1 30218 replies182 threads Senior Member
    You can't get federal aid for two places. However if the massage therapy program has its own scholarship money to give out, go ahead and apply for that.

Whether you would have time to pursue both programs simultaneously is a whole other thing.
    · Reply · Share
  • DadTwoGirlsDadTwoGirls 6198 replies1 threads Senior Member
    "Whether you would have time to pursue both programs simultaneously is a whole other thing."

That is what I was wondering about also. At least when I was in university it seemed like something very close to a full time commitment. You don't want to get overloaded to the point that it impacts your grades.
    · Reply · Share
  • thumper1thumper1 77233 replies3436 threads Senior Member
    You can only get need based financial aid at one college or school at a time. Did you think you could get double the aid if you attended two programs? That’s definitely a no.
    · Reply · Share
  • tomawolfftomawolff 1 replies0 threads New Member
    As a massage therapist, I would recommend that you complete one program at a time. The knowledge gained in anatomy and physiology will be helpful no matter what you pursue professionally. In my opinion, it is better to be a DC with soft tissue/massage therapy knowledge than a massage therapist with biology training.

You already know the answer to this question. You clearly state that you don't have the financial means to do both at this time. I suggest taking one step at a time.
    · Reply · Share