right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Application fee waivers

cec625cec625 0 replies1 threads New Member
Does anyone know of schools that offer application fee waivers that aren’t need based? Any based on ACT score?
6 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Application fee waivers

• SybyllaSybylla 4769 replies59 threads Senior Member
    You can just write and ask any school for a waiver, what would be the reason though?
    · Reply · Share
  • college_querycollege_query 4439 replies354 threads Senior Member
    Some schools will offer to waive the application fee, typically if you have test scores/GPA in a demographic they are seeking and they are trying to generate more applications. When my S was applying to college several years ago, he received several of these emails from various schools.
    · Reply · Share
  • mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids Forum Champion Financial Aid, Forum Champion Alabama 84332 replies1049 threads Forum Champion
    Private schools tend to be more generous with fee waivers.

· Reply · Share
  • momofsenior1momofsenior1 9851 replies110 threads Senior Member
    I’m curious which schools gave fee waivers with no financial need? My D got a bunch of expedited streamlined applications but no fee waivers.
    · Reply · Share
  • 1NJParent1NJParent 2249 replies37 threads Senior Member
    CWRU used to send out fee waivers broadly to attract more applications. Not sure if that's still the case.
    · Reply · Share
  • yearstogoyearstogo 760 replies30 threads Member
    The University of Alabama allowed fee waivers one weekend or possibly week last year. I think it was in the fall at some stage. I cannot recall which UA school it was though? If you search through the threads there was one about it.
    · Reply · Share