right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ak2018 is a rising junior at Virginia Tech having transferred from George Mason University. He'll answer any question, including about his studies abroad or his research at NASA. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Do I need to meet the Florida Scholar Designation Requirements in order to get Bright Futures?

OnagerOnager 0 replies1 threads New Member
As a junior, I am almost completely done with all my high school requirements. I was talking to my guidance counselor about how I was wondering if I was eligible for the Bright Futures Scholarship. She told me that I won't be eligible for the FMS or FAS if I do not fulfill the Scholar Designation Requirements. Is this true? I checked my Florida Shines and it said the only requirement I was missing was an SAT/ACT score. Past that, it seems I'm good. Can I just ignore her statement or are the Florida Scholar Designation Requirements a prerequisite for getting the Bright Futures Scholarship.
1 replies
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Do I need to meet the Florida Scholar Designation Requirements in order to get Bright Futures?

• twoinanddonetwoinanddone 24837 replies20 threads Senior Member
    No. You need a standard diploma.

"Earn a standard Florida high school diploma, or its equivalent, from a Florida public high school or a registered Florida Department of Education (FDOE) private high school; or complete a home education program."
    · Reply · Share