right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ak2018 is a rising junior at Virginia Tech having transferred from George Mason University. He'll answer any question, including about his studies abroad or his research at NASA. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Should I take SAT rather than ACT?

anishreddy123anishreddy123 0 replies1 threads New Member
Hi, I am an international high school junior.I am actually preparing for the ACT.But for the financial based aid for international students is CSS profile which requires SAT.Is there any kind of getting scholarships or financial based aid through ACT or should change to the SAT? Please help.
edited June 3
4 replies
Post edited by CCEdit_Suraj on
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Should I take SAT rather than ACT?

• BelknapPointBelknapPoint 4957 replies19 threads Senior Member
    CSS Profile doesn't require any kind of standardized test. Profile is used to determine need-based aid, which has nothing to do with an SAT or ACT test score.
    · Reply · Share
  • Erin's DadErin's Dad 34121 replies4850 threads Super Moderator
    Is there any kind of getting scholarships or financial based aid through ACT or should change to the SAT?
    Just get the highest score you can on either test. That will give you the best chance of getting some merit aid. Check with each of your schools to see if international students are eligible for that aid.
    · Reply · Share
  • thumper1thumper1 78321 replies3530 threads Senior Member
    edited May 29
    Get the highest score you can get as it will improve your chances of acceptance. The SAT and ACT will not improve your chances for need based aid at any school....but if you want the best shot at the colleges that provide the most aid to international students, you need a great score so you will be accepted. What I mean is...the schools that meet full need for all accepted students and have deep financial pockets are highly competitive for admissions. You need the strongest possible application to get accepted.

What colleges are you considering, and what is your parent annual budget for funding college? Find that out too.
    edited May 29
    · Reply · Share
  • mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids Forum Champion Financial Aid, Forum Champion Alabama 84346 replies1049 threads Forum Champion
    ? where are you seeing that CSS Profile requires the SAT??
    · Reply · Share