right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

First Generation

Plumeria789Plumeria789 1 replies3 threads New Member
Would I be considered a first generation college student if my mom took a handful of classes and my dad has an Associates degree?
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: First Generation

• thumper1thumper1 78287 replies3528 threads Senior Member
    Are you asking for financial aid reasons...because you posted this in the financial aid section of this forum.
    · Reply · Share
  • Erin's DadErin's Dad 34118 replies4842 threads Super Moderator
    Each school defines what it means by First Gen. There is no box to check on your college app saying First Gen. You put down what education level each of your parents attained. Some schools use the cut-off level of a bachelor's degree. Others an Associates.
    · Reply · Share