right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

GPA Translation

Plumeria789Plumeria789 1 replies3 threads New Member
What would a 3.21/4.0 be in a 4.33 GPA scale?
edited July 1
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: GPA Translation

• sybbie719sybbie719 20985 replies2055 threads Super Moderator
    What scale dies your school grade on?

If they grade on a 4.0 scale your gpa is 3.21/ 4.0

If your gpa is 3.21 and the scale is 4.33 your gpa is still 3.21
    · Reply · Share
  • TigerInWinterTigerInWinter 119 replies0 threads Junior Member
    If I told you that I had a 2.0 GPA on a 5-point scale, I presume you could tell me what my GPA is on a 10-point scale. The process is the same for answering your question.
    · Reply · Share
  • happy1happy1 24154 replies2424 threads Super Moderator
    edited July 2
    You should not translate your GPA in any way. You should report your GPA exactly as your HS does. Your HS will send a school profile which, among other things, explains your HS grading system so your GPA will be reviewed in the proper context.
    edited July 2
    · Reply · Share
  • Eeyore123Eeyore123 2062 replies25 threads Senior Member
    @TigerInWinter the difference between an 4.0 and a 4.3 scale is the inclusion of A+’s. If you have no A+‘a, your GPA doesn’t change. Not the same as converting to a new scale where most grades would change point value.
    · Reply · Share
  • TigerInWinterTigerInWinter 119 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Eeyore123 wrote: »
    @TigerInWinter the difference between an 4.0 and a 4.3 scale is the inclusion of A+’s. If you have no A+‘a, your GPA doesn’t change. Not the same as converting to a new scale where most grades would change point value.

Agreed.
    · Reply · Share