right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Connect with admissions counselors from 50+ schools, get advice for your admissions journey, and more! RSVP NOW for a virtual College Fair on Sept. 29!
PARENTS4PARENTS: AfroPuffMom is the mother of two boys, a college junior and a high school junior. She has extensive experience reviewing applications for high-achieving, first-generation students. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our September Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

College application fee waiver (for twins)

qlalforestqlalforest 0 replies1 threads New Member
Hello,

I am a rising senior in high school and have just begun filling out my college apps. I have a twin brother and I was wondering if we would be eligible for a fee waiver when submitting our college applications. Both of us are planning on applying to ten to fifteen schools each, and I'm worried about the extra financial burden that application fees will have on my family.

Thank you.
8 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: College application fee waiver (for twins)

• TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston 15978 replies1068 threads Senior Member
    Are you low income?

You don't get a waiver just because you are applying to a lot of schools.
    · Reply · Share
  • TdoesCollegeTdoesCollege 181 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Or because you have a twin.
    · Reply · Share
  • mamommamom 3708 replies24 threads Senior Member
    Because you may not get fee waivers, do your research. Run the NPC at each school you are thinking of applying to. If that number is way beyond what your family can afford, then cross them off your list and move on. Some schools did provide fee waivers if you visit (but who knows in this C19 time), but maybe reach out to your admissions rep for the school and ask for one.
    · Reply · Share
  • SybyllaSybylla 5117 replies61 threads Senior Member
    edited August 2
    Do you have your FAFSA efc approximation?
    edited August 2
    · Reply · Share
  • thumper1thumper1 78841 replies3558 threads Senior Member
    @qlalforest what is your parent annual income?
    · Reply · Share
  • twoinanddonetwoinanddone 25278 replies20 threads Senior Member
    Many school give fee waivers just for the asking. Others have certain days or weeks when they have a free application, or after you visit, or if you follow them on social media.

Ask.

However, the application is not the only cost. You may have to pay to have transcripts sent or to send scores, and if they are CSS schools, you have to pay for those to be sent. It's difficult to manage a large number of applications and some people miss deadlines.
    · Reply · Share
  • thumper1thumper1 78841 replies3558 threads Senior Member
    If the colleges use SAT ot ACT scores, you will pay to have those sent too.
    · Reply · Share
  • mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids Forum Champion Financial Aid, Forum Champion Alabama 84342 replies1048 threads Forum Champion
    Some private schools will give you a waiver if you email and ask admissions.
    · Reply · Share