right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Get all the info you need to know to complete the FAFSA during our LIVE webinar Thursday, Sept 24, at 7pm ET. Hear from financial aid experts on deadlines, what documents you will need, and how your info will be used to calculate aid. REGISTER NOW and share your questions.
PARENTS4PARENTS: AfroPuffMom is the mother of two boys, a college junior and a high school junior. She has extensive experience reviewing applications for high-achieving, first-generation students. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our September Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

About questbridge - if i dont rank

RafizXDRafizXD 29 replies11 threads Junior Member
edited September 12 in Questbridge Programs
So, if I am chosen a QB finalist and I choose not to rank colleges and instead go for QB regular decision, will colleges know that I didn't go for the college match? Might they think I'm a match reject?
edited September 12
4 replies
Post edited by skieurope on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: About questbridge - if i dont rank

• MYOS1634MYOS1634 43371 replies473 threads Senior Member
    Why would you do that though?
    Are you thzt unsure of which would be your #1-2-3?
    Ranking is like having 12 ED shots.
    That being said if your efc isnt 0 dont bother ranking HYP.
    · Reply · Share
  • MamaBear2001MamaBear2001 145 replies4 threads Junior Member
    edited September 12
    Not necessarily. I wouldnt worry about that aspect.

Unless you are EDing to a non- QB school, I highly suggest you rank schools though, since you are already applying. Research those schools and if even one of them seems like a great school for you, you should participate in the match.

If you are not doing the match because you dont like the binding aspect, thats understandable, just be aware Regular decision financial packages are usually not the same as the match.
    Make sure you can swing the amount of any school your interested in by looking up the net price calculator for that school.

Good luck!

edited September 12
    · Reply · Share
  • MWolfMWolf 2960 replies14 threads Senior Member
    Not necessarily. I wouldnt worry about that aspect.

Unless you are EDing to a non- QB school, I highly suggest you rank schools though, since you are already applying. Research those schools and if even one of them seems like a great school for you, you should participate in the match.

If you are not doing the match because you dont like the binding aspect, thats understandable, just be aware Regular decision financial packages are usually not the same as the match.
    Make sure you can swing the amount of any school your interested in by looking up the net price calculator for that school.

Good luck!

@RafizXD Also remember that, if you are matched to a school, you are accepted with a full ride scholarship.

That means that you do not need to to look at the net price calculator at all for any of the colleges that you will rank.

I really cannot imagine that you will get a better financial deal at any college out there. I cannot imagine a good reason not to rank. There is no "dream college" out there that is a better choice than the QB partner colleges on a full ride + scholarship.

The selection of colleges on QB's partner list is wide and varied enough that almost any potential applicant will find at least three where they would thrive.
    · Reply · Share
  • CottonTalesCottonTales 1602 replies27 threads Senior Member
    The OP is not going to apply through QB, his/her family income is too high. They started this thread before finding that out.
    · Reply · Share