Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

fasfa...will i get any aid?

peanut_butterpeanut_butter Registered User Posts: 259 Junior Member
does the fasfa give some kind of aid to anyone that applies. my parents feel that it will not be worth it to apply and disclose all their information and not get any aid. my family is very well off and im the only child that will be in college and my parents are not divorced. i know that i will not be qualified for financial aid.

should i still apply?
Post edited by peanut_butter on

Replies to: fasfa...will i get any aid?

• chocoholicchocoholic Registered User Posts: 2,995 Senior Member
    Well, lots of people who think that they will not qualify, actually do. You can try the online calculator, which does nt actually send any information, but just gives you a rough idea.

Go to the locked thread above (Roger Dooley's) and use the EFC calculator there.
  • davibandaviban Registered User Posts: 178 Junior Member
    If you want any loans which sometimes are at very low interest then you must apply. Sometimes it makes more sense to let the money you have invested keep earning and take the loans paying them off after you graduate. There is no guarantee of aide and I do not know what your definition of well off is, however, you might be surprised by some of the people that get aide. It also depends on the school you plan attending, haven't you missed the filing deadline? If you are going to apply you need to do it ASAP.
  • thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 72,197 Senior Member
    Just remember...the FAFSA is a finaid application FORM. It does not give aid. The colleges give the aid.
This discussion has been closed.