Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Completely Clueless on FAFSA Question

jovenes132jovenes132 Registered User Posts: 468 Member
Okay, so I filled out all of my parents info, but now I have to input mine...

Do I have to file an IRS income tax return form separately from my parents if I worked for a business over the summer? The money was deposited into my parents' account and it was only $1000.

So what should I answer to:

"What type of income tax return did the student file or will the student file for 2006 (question 33)?"

IRS 1040 or IRS 1040A/1040EZ? Or will not file at all?

Please help! Deadline is tommorow
Post edited by jovenes132 on

Replies to: Completely Clueless on FAFSA Question

  • cmbmomcmbmom Registered User Posts: 718 Member
    Did you get a W2 in your name? If yes, were any federal taxes deducted? If yes, you want to file a 1040EZ to get that fed withholding back.

    If no W2, or no Fed taxes withheld, then you do not have to file an IRS return in your name.
This discussion has been closed.