right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new, modern forum platform with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return by Friday, Nov. 27 at 2:00pm ET. Read more about this here!

i WANT to use ALL my personal savings, but will colleges let me?

pmwosapmwosa 47 replies27 threads Junior Member
since i'm applying to need-aware schools, I want to use all my life savings for college, and so that my EFC increases. should I overdeclare my life savings so that the expected contribution from my savings is higher to my actual amount of savings??
edited December 2007
4 replies
Post edited by pmwosa on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: i WANT to use ALL my personal savings, but will colleges let me?

• FutureDocFutureDoc 11 replies6 threads New Member
    i dont think that's a smart thing to do...you should tell them the truth and they will automatically determine that best thing to do...besides you don't want to lay it all down your first year...let it earn interest etc. and spread it out
    · Reply · Share
  • pmwosapmwosa 47 replies27 threads Junior Member
    oh, yah, i am gonna spread it out over four years.... there's this "expected support" table in the form ,with one column for each year, that lets you do that.

but what if i don't mind using all my savings? i actually don't even touch it and probably won't need it for the next few years. how do i get the college to use all of it?

i'm an international by the way, i use the ISFAA, not FAFSA..
    · Reply · Share
  • lil_killer129lil_killer129 4176 replies529 threads Senior Member
    If you have extra money in our savings, you can always send it to me. I would gladly accept it. :)
    · Reply · Share
  • pmwosapmwosa 47 replies27 threads Junior Member
    damn man, i need it for college :( whatever college i go to, it'll be money well spent, that's what i think.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity