Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Filling out the FAFSA?! urgent

boyniceasdfboyniceasdf Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
would my 2007 estimates based on the 2006 tax forms be sufficient or do i have to go back and eventually replace the estimates with the actual figures once I get the 2007 tax forms back? because my 2007 estimates are alot lower than the 2007 actual figures..i was hoping that if i can get away with using solely the 2007 estimates. Because that way, I would most likely receive greater financial aid..

Replies to: Filling out the FAFSA?! urgent

  • swimcatsmomswimcatsmom Registered User Posts: 15,953 Senior Member
    No - you will have to provide actual 2007 tax figures before any aid will be disbursed.
  • thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 70,961 Senior Member
    Many schools will give you an ESTIMATED financial aid award with your estimated figures...but it won't be finalized (and YES it can go down...or up) until you complete your taxes and amend the form(s).

    No you can't use the lower numbers from 2006 for your finalized award. You will need to provide the numbers from your 2007 return(s)
This discussion has been closed.