Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

take a term off

2»

Replies to: take a term off

• sybbie719sybbie719 Super Moderator Posts: 22,445 Super Moderator
    I thoght about going to the Cuny school for a term, but thats still a $70 application fee and I have to take placmeent tests again and then that may screw with my math.

Find out from your school first of all if you can get a permit to take courses at another school that way when you take the courses, you willget credit for your degree. You know that the grades will not show on your school transcript so you would have to get a transcript from the CUNY school if you look to apply some place else.

If your current school does allow you to take courses at CUNY, then you need to look up information about attending as a special student. Usually you will have to pay $50 register for courses. You would probably have to register after everyone else but you can find that out from the school. Because you would be attending as a special student, you would not be eligible for FA at the CUNY school so be prepared to pay out of pocket.
  • UnearthUnearth - Posts: 125 Junior Member
    Yeah it will still all be the same price.
    When you take term off,

You need 12 credits to be a fulltime student. Is that only for the current term,as if i tool the fall off and I would not get any Fin aid.

But when I took 17 credits in the spring, will I still be eligible for fin aid.

I also checked, I dont have to prove that I am student for Medical insurance untill febuary. I dont start school untill january,so I will be ok.
    Anybody ahve any idea.
2»
This discussion has been closed.