Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

I hope this is not posted before, but regarding Perkins Loan

eva10127eva10127 Registered User Posts: 542 Member
I filled out the Subsidized Loan form....the application. I got that all set, but what happen to the Perkins. Will I get a form for it? telling me to fill out the application for that loan? just curious
Post edited by eva10127 on

Replies to: I hope this is not posted before, but regarding Perkins Loan

  • emeraldkity4emeraldkity4 Registered User Posts: 35,861 Senior Member
    Perkins is secured by your school- you don't need to fill out an application, they get all the info from the FAFSA
    So, how do I get a Perkins Loan? The school you attend is allocated funding for the Perkins Loan by the government who leaves it up to the school to determines your eligibility. Eligibility for Perkins is determined as a part of constructing your financial aid award letter. The maximum loan you may receive is $3,000. Schools generally reserve Perkins funding for those students with the most financial need. However, typically, Perkins loans are more commonly given in the $1,000 to $1,500 range.
This discussion has been closed.