Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Alternative Loan

mrogremrogre Registered User Posts: 66 Junior Member
Does it sound like a stupid idea to take some alternative loan money to purchase a car to visit home every now and then (about 1 hour and 30 minutes away). I'm going into accounting with about $8,000 debt as of now and come Fall and Spring semester about $11,000 more :). I believe I'll be able to pay this back as I'm just getting my BA and will get employed in a high demand career. I have personal reasons that make visiting home extremely important.

Also, I have good credit history (I guess) it says on all the 3 credit history companies that I have 2 loans in good standing at 8,000$ and no negative feedback. What can I except to get as far as available loan availability as a Junior majoring into accounting without a cosignor and not having worked for several years. (I've never applied for a alternative loan). If they ask for a parents credit history my parents are good too. And concerning references, one line says relative not living at home, personal always contactable, and person not related thats contactable.

Can I list a relative for the 2nd one?

Thanks,
PS: Actually I made 400$ on my last years taxes hehe...
This discussion has been closed.