Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

CSS Profile Down!?!

TilgahamTilgaham Registered User Posts: 688 Member
edited February 2010 in Financial Aid & Scholarships
Failure! The day before priority deadline, CSS profile decides to hang on the login screen.
Post edited by Tilgaham on

Replies to: CSS Profile Down!?!

• thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 63,485 Senior Member
    It's probably JAMMED with folks trying to meet the end of January deadlines. Keep on trying.

For others reading this...this is why these should NOT be put off until the day of the deadline.
  • TilgahamTilgaham Registered User Posts: 688 Member
    beautiful. I get on, add colleges and it kicks me off. Love you too Collegeboard.
  • DebrunsDebruns Registered User Posts: 2,793 Senior Member
    They did warn people about this for a while, plus they were doing updates. I learned trying to start it when people were trying to do their EA/ED profiles in December...it kept logging me off.
  • thefrenchmanthefrenchman Registered User Posts: 94 Junior Member
    I'm having the same problem trying to add colleges to my submitted app...it hangs and then logs me off.
  • becomingbecoming Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
    Yeah, I was about to submit, then is says that my session has expired. I haven't been able to get back on ever since. UGGGHHHH
  • TilgahamTilgaham Registered User Posts: 688 Member
    Maybe the message about downtime is supposed to read 5:00-6:00 PM eastern time. That would explain things.

If the deadline is Feb1 for Profile, can we submit until 11:59 EST tomorrow and still be ok (Like the Commonapp)...or is it 11:59 tonight?
  • thefrenchmanthefrenchman Registered User Posts: 94 Junior Member
    ^ I would assume that submitting stuff on the deadline would be fine, but I'll still keep trying to submit everything tonight. It's just a bit annoying since I've had the profile completed for weeks and I should have anticipated this.

EDIT: Nevermind, everything just went through! Keep trying.
  • Oakton ParentOakton Parent Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    Online Profile keeps bumping me off as well after I was 3/4 of the way through the pages. And don't chastise people for waiting--I did not receive my W-2 forms until yesterday.
  • 'rentof2'rentof2 Registered User Posts: 4,327 Senior Member
    Most people have to submit estimates because they don't have the documentation to complete their taxes before a Jan. 31 deadline.
  • Xeaqs8Xeaqs8 Registered User Posts: 122 Junior Member
    I can't even get on it period. I press "Add Colleges to Selected Application" and it just hangs and kicks me off.

I submitted back in October, but just want to use some of the information I entered to speed up the FAFSA process rather than reentering everything although it looks like now that's impossible.

EDIT: Now it goes directly to kicking me off before even hanging.
  • thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 63,485 Senior Member
    just want to use some of the information I entered to speed up the FAFSA process rather than reentering everything although it looks like now that's impossible.

Didn't you print a copy of your Profile before submitting it in October?
  • Xeaqs8Xeaqs8 Registered User Posts: 122 Junior Member
    Nope, I figured I could access it again whenever I needed it. Now I see that was a poor choice..
  • standrewsstandrews Registered User Posts: 1,365 Senior Member
    Many schools have a Feb 1 deadline for FAFSA and I didn't notice any slowness on fafsa.gov. I worked for a retailer that sized their systems for a 6-hour period the day after Thanksgiving. Collegeboard should do the same. And to think they charge for this "service."
  • rocket6louiserocket6louise Registered User Posts: 3,391 Senior Member
    glad ours went in in NOV
  • superorangesuperorange Registered User Posts: 92 Junior Member
    Uuugh, it keeps saying I'm "timed out" when I try to sign in.

Whatever.

I'm going to go watch GaGa on the grammies and hope she fixes EVERYTHING!
This discussion has been closed.