Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Sending in Financial Forms

chinaman545chinaman545 User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 50 Junior Member
Yes, I know its a bit late and unfortunately for me I am one of those people who like to do things last minute. It's a problem I deal with daily. Anyway, if a school wants tax returns, W-2's, sent in by a certain date, does that mean received by that date or postmarked? UChicago for instance has a deadline of Feb. 1. Does that mean postmarked by Feb. 1 or received? Thanks.
Post edited by chinaman545 on

Replies to: Sending in Financial Forms

• thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 63,476 Senior Member
    I don't know what U of Chicago means...only THEY would know. BUT when I see a deadline like that, I assume it means RECEIVED...but I'm a big fan of erring on the side of early.
  • 'rentof2'rentof2 Registered User Posts: 4,327 Senior Member
    Well, since you're out of luck on the "received by" measure for a Feb. 1st deadline, your best bet is to hope "postmarked by" will work. You have no choice unless you can hand deliver them to UChicago tomorrow... so not sure what your question here could resolve for you.

You could call them tomorrow and see if your Feb. 1st postmark will suffice. If not, fall on your knees and beg for mercy... ?
  • carmen617carmen617 Registered User Posts: 128 Junior Member
    Call and see if you can fax them into the financial aid office.
  • 'rentof2'rentof2 Registered User Posts: 4,327 Senior Member
    Hey, good idea, Carmen617!
This discussion has been closed.