Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Regarding Noncustodial Parent Form (CSS)

DisplayErrorDisplayError Registered User Posts: 30 New Member
edited February 2010 in Financial Aid & Scholarships
Never mind.
Post edited by DisplayError on

Replies to: Regarding Noncustodial Parent Form (CSS)

• DisplayErrorDisplayError Registered User Posts: 30 New Member
    My father and his nephew (age 23) live together. On my father's taxes, his nephew is not listed as a dependent. Do I include my father's nephew as one of the people in my father's family?
  • thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 63,457 Senior Member
    If your father was providing more than half of the support of the nephew, he would have listed him as a dependent on his taxes.

My opinion...NO, you cannot include him.
    Thanks, thumper.
    I've got a few more questions. When the profile asks me about my "parents'", do I give my mother's information or both my mother's and my father's information? They're divorced, and I entered my father's information separately on the noncustodial profile, so I'm thinking I only enter my mother's information.
    When the profile asks " Enter the amount your parents will contribute from income toward your 2010-11 educational expenses", is it asking how much out of total income or per check?
    For this: " Enter the amount your parents will contribute from assets toward your 2010-11 educational expenses", is it asking how much my parents (mother or both?) can take out from her/their bank accounts and give towards my college tuition?
    I can't seem to edit my post, but it seems that I enter my custodial parent's info on the profile.
    Now some other questions:
    1) Enter the amount your parents think they will be able to pay for your 2010-11 college expenses.
    2) Enter the amount your parents will contribute from income toward your 2010-11 educational expenses.
    3) Enter the amount your parents will contribute from assets toward your 2010-11 educational expenses.
    Is question 1 supposed to be a total of questions 2 and 3, or is the answer to question 1 the same as the answer to question 2?
This discussion has been closed.