right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

IMPORTANT NEWS: CC Forums are now in read-only mode as the team is working on the transition to a new look with enhanced features. We anticipate full service on the site to return on Nov. 24. Read more about this here!

What colleges will accept me?

Alishiac15Alishiac15 27 replies3 threads Junior Member
edited January 2013 in Florida Colleges
I am a senior in high school.
GPA: uw: 3.7 w: 4.1
AP classes: AP Language and Comp
Dual enrollment: College Composition I and II
Honors: about 8 or 9 courses
I have mostly a's and b's on my transcript.
SAT score: 1190
ACT score: 19
(bad test taker)
License and certificates: Certified Medical Administrative Assistant license, Home Health Aide certificate, and many clinical/shadowing hours(want to be a nursing major)
Sports: powderpuff football and Varsity Basketball(most improved award)
Activities: SADD(officer as public announcer), HOSA, Science Club(officer as treasurer), Senior class treasurer, Student Government, National Honor Society, CROP,
FBLA, and Harvest of Hope
edited January 2013
9 replies
Post edited by Alishiac15 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: What colleges will accept me?

• Cens10Cens10 710 replies22 threads Member
    Sorry, but your test scores aren't very good and will hurt you a lot. Maybe test again or try your local CC for two years and transfer, I know a lot of people do that
    · Reply · Share
  • Alishiac15Alishiac15 27 replies3 threads Junior Member
    Yeah I know. So far I applied to FSU and FGCU. I got deferred from. FSU. I might end up going to a cc then transfer to FGCU if I don't get accepted into FSU in march.
    · Reply · Share
  • Cens10Cens10 710 replies22 threads Member
    Good luck, hope all goes well :)
    · Reply · Share
  • marbert2marbert2 11 replies0 threads New Member
    Alishiac15 your scores are a little low. Good luck with FGCU. You may also want to consider FIU, UCF, USF and FAU as well... And as you suggested, a CC might be a great way to go.
    · Reply · Share
    Thank you for your input. If I do go to a community college, Edison State College in Ft.Myers for example, I will get a full ride for two years through the "HOPE scholarship". (:
    · Reply · Share
  • Alex23Alex23 261 replies23 threads Junior Member
    Is that SAT score for just CR and math or all three? You might want to try UCF in any case. My DD's friend, who has good grades like you but only got a 960 (CR and math) on the SAT (She did a little better on writing) got into UCF for the summer term. But you should apply NOW if you're going to.

That said, if you like FGCU, you might not care for UCF. My DD loved the looks of FGCU and found UCF big and scary. So, even though she got into both and UCF is more competitive, it is off our list while FGCU is still under consideration.
    · Reply · Share
    Is that SAT score for just CR and math or all three? You might want to try UCF in any case. My DD's friend, who has good grades like you but only got a 960 (CR and math) on the SAT (She did a little better on writing) got into UCF for the summer term. But you should apply NOW if you're going to.

That said, if you like FGCU, you might not care for UCF. My DD loved the looks of FGCU and found UCF big and scary. So, even though she got into both and UCF is more competitive, it is off our list while FGCU is still under consideration.
    · Reply · Share
    That's my SAT for all three subjects. I don't really test well. I did start to apple to UCF but I just got lazy I guess. I don't want to go to UCF anymore. I believe I have a better chance at getting into FGCU anyways. Thanks for your input though! I appreciate it greatly.
    · Reply · Share
    Yeah, FGCU is easier to get into and arguably has its advantages (size) over UCF anyway. Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity