Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

I'm an instate student, but they are billing me out-of-state fees

gator97gator97 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hi guys, so I am starting University of Florida in Fall 2015, and when I checked to see if they had posted my tuition statement, they billed me as an OOS student. However, I am a Florida resident and provided proof of residency TWICE to the university to prove it. Furthermore, I am a Bright Futures FAS recipient and this award was not included in my tuition statement and the university registration website(ISIS) shows no indication that I have received this. I called them at least five times and emailed as well, but they have not responded. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice because university faculty are impossible to deal with

Replies to: I'm an instate student, but they are billing me out-of-state fees

• evermom1evermom1 Registered User Posts: 256 Junior Member
    Oh, how frustrating. I'm sorry you're getting this runaround. I have had the same experience running interference for my son. You know, most of the time students are working in the office, answering phone calls and fielding emails. You won't get anywhere until you go around them and insist on speaking with someone in-charge. This has work well for me. But, in the worst-case situation, you may even have to make a trip to school and resolved this in-person, again dealing with people in charge, not work-study students who are often time not trained to deal with your problem. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.