Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Which college should I go to ?

mariinascmariinasc Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I'm hoping that somebody could help me out. I don't know exactly what I want to study but I do know that i'm interested in design, computers, programs like photoshop and illustrator, and event management/planning. So i'm planning on going somewhere along those lines but I don't know which college in Florida would be best for that. My current favorite is FSU because of the vibes it gives and the campus, but i can't seem to find much information on their website regarding majors and classes. UCF and UF are my other two options, i have not visited them but they seem sort of dull in comparison to FSU. UCF seems like it might be better for what I want to study but it seems like their design programs are very limited and require portfolios. UF i've heard is bad for arts in general so I wanted to know if that was true? I don't know, I just need help picking and maybe more information on these three colleges or other public colleges in Florida.

Replies to: Which college should I go to ?

• SweetheartCrocSweetheartCroc Registered User Posts: 586 Member
    If you are leaning towards the Liberal Arts & Sciences, FSU usually regarded as the best choice. UF is fine as well, but excels more at pre-professional majors, like Engineering, and many graduate programs. I'm not sure about UCF for the arts, but it does have a well-regarded Engineering college as well.

This is likely due to the historical differences between the schools -- FSU was once woman's college, and UF did not admit women. The colleges have retained their relative strengths in fields that traditionally correlate to either gender.
This discussion has been closed.