Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

Can I get into my top choice college?

nicolemarie17nicolemarie17 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I'm going into my junior year of high school and I desperately want to go to FSU, it's my dream school. The problem I have is that I didn't do so well these last two years, my current cumulative GPA is a 2.3. But last year I had improved a lot compared to my freshman year. My freshman year I ended with a GPA of 1.78, and my sophomore year I ended with a GPA of 2.8. I'm on the volleyball team and was moved up to varsity my sophomore year, I'm also working on getting my gold award for girl scouts. If I were to do well on the ACT and SAT this year and somehow manage to get straight A's, would I be able to get into FSU on early decision, if I were to apply early. I'm desperate to get into this school.

Replies to: Can I get into my top choice college?

• Gator88NEGator88NE Registered User Posts: 5,869 Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm afraid your GPA is likely too low for FSU. For 2014-2015, the average GPA for an enrolled Freshman was 3.92 (Weighted).

Percent who had GPA of 3.75 and higher 66.8%
    C11 Percent who had GPA between 3.50 and 3.74 23.6%
    C11 Percent who had GPA between 3.25 and 3.49 6.4%
    C11 Percent who had GPA between 3.00 and 3.24 2.5%
    C11 Percent who had GPA between 2.50 and 2.99 0.6%
    C11 Percent who had GPA between 2.0 and 2.49 0.1%
    C11 Percent who had GPA between 1.0 and 1.99 0.0%
    C11 Percent who had GPA below 1.0 0.0%
    Totals should = 100% 100.0%

http://www.ir.fsu.edu/Common_Data_Set/2014-15/C.html

However, you can still go to FSU as a transfer student. About 25% of admitted undergrads are transfer students. Last year FSU admitted/enrolled 6,021 freshman and 2,001 transfer students. As a CC or college transfer your HS GPA is not considered, only your college GPA. Keep working to drive up your GPA and prepare yourself for college and if you still want to attend FSU, you still can...

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.