Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Can i get into U.F.?

kickstand9kickstand9 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
Hello, im stressing out as i have to apply to colleges soon and i was wondering my chances of getting into U.F.

I have a 3.5 unweighted
Im an I.B. student
I have a 1950 sat and a 32 act
4 year varsity football, 2 year captain
Co-founded a charity event
Brother attends the honors college.

im worried that with my low unweighted it may be hard for me to get in so some feedback would be nice

Replies to: Can i get into U.F.?

• Gator88NEGator88NE Registered User Posts: 6,093 Senior Member
    Few students are admitted to the University of Florida purely on academic merit. While the potential for academic success is a primary consideration, UF’s holistic application review also considers a student’s personal essay, honors and awards, extracurricular activities, and family background. All information in the applicant’s file, academic and non-academic, is considered in relation to the size and strength of the entire applicant pool.

The middle 50 percent

The middle 50 percent of students admitted to the 2014 fall freshman class had the following criteria:
    •High School GPA of 4.1-4.5
    •SAT 1810-2060
    •ACT 27-31

Your weighted GPA is likely around a 4.0 to 4.2 (it's +0.5 points for honor classes, +1.0 points for IB/AP/DE/AICE classes). UF is likely a match to high match, but your EC's do play an important role. Holistic admissions can also seem a bit random at times..

Good Luck!
  • kickstand9kickstand9 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    Thank you, made me feel a lot better
This discussion has been closed.