Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

FSU undergraduate research

kit4katkit4kat Registered User Posts: 64 Junior Member
Does anyone know if the undergraduate research opportunity program "UROP" at FSU will be too much work via commitment while being in the honors program ? I don't plan on rushing and I take my education very seriously....

Replies to: FSU undergraduate research

• Gator88NEGator88NE Registered User Posts: 5,384 Senior Member
    It shouldn't be a problem. The Honors program doesn't, by itself, add to your work load. But they do want you to engage in activities, volunteering, clubs, etc. UROP sounds like a good fit that should work well with the honors program. :)
    Students may earn up to a maximum of five (5) honors points toward the Honors Medallion by the achievements listed below. The amount of points for each achievement is indicated.

Three of the 18 honor points for the Honors Medallion may be earned by the following achievements:

Completing a Garnet and Gold Scholar Society program that includes Research as one of its components
    Completing a Certificate Program or Specialized Study Program with Honors.

One honors point toward the Honors Medallion may be earned by the following achievements. An achievement may be duplicated for additional points.

30 hours of service as noted on a student's ServScript
    Serving as a FIG (Freshman Interest Group) leader
    Serving as a UROP (Undergrad Research Opportunity) leader
    Completion of the UROP program
    A conference presentation
    http://honors.fsu.edu/university-honors/graduation-requirements