Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

University of Miami Nursing Admission

lcfang2000lcfang2000 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
If I don't meet one of the minimum criteria for a major, will you still be considered for admission? For example. I'm interested in University of Miami's school of nursing. Their minimum admission requirements for nursing are a 3.7 high school GPA and 24 ACT. I have a 34 ACT and a 3.4 UW GPA and 3.7 W GPA. I'm not sure if their minimum gpa is UW or W. My grade trend is increasing (3.1->4.2) as well as my act scores (29->31->34). Additionally, im involved in many extracurriculars. I know my chances may be much smaller, but is it worth applying? Will they review my application in sort of a holistic way and still consider me despite the fact that I might not meet one requirement?

Opinions are appreciated!

Replies to: University of Miami Nursing Admission

• shaydenglennshaydenglenn Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    I met with a admissions counselor when he came to my school and he said that the school of nursing doesn't have a minimum gpa, contrary to what the website says. I even called the school to confirm and they confirmed that the gpa listed on the school of nursing is the average high school gpa of nursing students. But the sat/act has a minimum
  • lcfang2000lcfang2000 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Wow that's great news! I didn't expect to receive such a satisfactory response, so thanks a lot!