Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UCF or USF

MatthewkotchMatthewkotch Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
I would just like to know some of the benefits and the negatives of both universities. I’m not sure which one id rather go to. I like computer science and business and I’m going to graduate from high school in a year. I know the statistics but I need some qualitative factors that stand out, to show which school is best for me

Replies to: UCF or USF

• Gator88NEGator88NE Registered User Posts: 6,023 Senior Member
    The two schools are very comparable. You really should visit both before making your decision. You may also want to apply to both and see which one gives you a better financial deal (merit scholarships).

UCF has a stronger, more competitive CS program, but USF's program is not bad. UCF has far more undergraduate students (55K vs 31K), and a worse student to faculty ratio (the biggest knock against the school).

Good Luck!
  • magc12magc12 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    A bachelors in CS from USF gives you a salary score of 69.19 with an estimated mid career salary $88,397.

A bachelors in CS from UCF gives you a salary score of 68.28 with an estimated mid career salary of $87,234.

A bachelors in Business from UCF gives you a salary score of 54.54 with an estimated mid career salary of $69,680.

A bachelors in Business from USF gives you a salary score of 55.45 with an estimated mid career salary of $70,842.