right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
COMING SOON "Ask The Expert" live event w/ the CC Dean, Sally Rubenstone, on Feb. 22 at 12:00 pm ET. This event is exclusively for registered members. CREATE YOUR CC ACCOUNT NOW to receive event updates!

Florida Gulf Coast University

livcaslivcas 0 replies3 threads New Member
Looking for information about the reputation of the school, academically. Also I know many schools start out as commuter schools but change as they grow and age -any recent info on FGCU’s status? Would it be a good place to live if home wasn’t commuting distance?
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Florida Gulf Coast University

• percussionboymopercussionboymo 74 replies13 threads Junior Member
    I am interested in learning more as well. We live in New a york, and not familiar with the school. My daughter was just accepted and invited to apply to the honors college. I would love to hear someopinions and people’s experiences with Florida Gulf Coast. I am worried about the low graduation rate.

Thank you!
    · Reply · Share
  • RichInPittRichInPitt 1824 replies31 threads Senior Member
    Our neighbors send both kids to FGCU, HS classes of 2017 and 2019, from the Pittsburgh area, so it’s certainly not just a commuter school.
    · Reply · Share
  • percussionboymopercussionboymo 74 replies13 threads Junior Member
    Thank you; I am assuming that they love must like it since their second child goes there too?
    · Reply · Share
  • rickle1rickle1 2229 replies18 threads Senior Member
    Live in Tampa (about 2.5 hours from FGCU). Many local HS kids attend and love FGCU. We're far enough away that it's not a commuter school at all. Not sure what the housing situation is but you can find that out online. I htink the academics are on par with most state schools (not necessarily flagship but pretty good).

Anecdotally know a few kids doing well after graduation. CPA at a national firm (not B4 but still high very strong) and a guy who works at Northern Trust in Ft. Myers. Both are from Tampa and chose to stay in the Ft. Myers area after grad.
    · Reply · Share
  • RichInPittRichInPitt 1824 replies31 threads Senior Member
    Thank you; I am assuming that they love must like it since their second child goes there too?

Yes, I'm sure the second wouldn’t have followed if the first was unhappy.
    · Reply · Share