Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Who's applying to FAMU

Jfils98Jfils98 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
edited January 2014 in Florida A&M University
This forum seems dead, so why not have a discussion thread. So who's planning on applying, applied already, waiting to hear back, accepted etc.

I myself have applied by mail and am waiting to hear back from them.
Post edited by Jfils98 on

Replies to: Who's applying to FAMU

• cdames92cdames92 Registered User Posts: 97 Junior Member
    I applied too (In september) but I haven't heard anthing back yet :( when did you apply?
  • Jfils98Jfils98 Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    Wow, that's a long wait. I just mailed my application about 2 weeks ago. Have you called them? Because I believe they have rolling admissions and you should have been at least acknowledged.
    I called about three weeks ago and they said they hadn't received my transcripts. I sent them again electronically the following week. Last week I called back to follow up and the person I spoke with said to call back mid January because they were dealing with Spring applicants at the moment. But I know for a fact that people are getting there acceptance letters so I'm getting a bit worried.
    Oh, I see, seems odd. I have heard about FAMU's admissions office being unorganized and inefficient :/
    Yeah, so have I but I will be calling in January.. FAMU is my first choice.. I really havent even thought about what I would do if I didn't get in.
  • Dymecaker305Dymecaker305 Registered User Posts: 125 Junior Member
    I have a half eaten sandwich that can get into FAMU.
    I have good grades and decent test scores so its not like I barely made it through High school.. And FAMU lets pretty much anyone in so its frustrating that I haven't heard anything.
    Just got the letter in today!

My half eaten sandwich got accepted to FAMU!
    Congratulations Dymecaker305 (sounds like your from Mia)! When did you submit your application? What term did you apply for?
    How did you know I was from the MIA. I hope its the sarcasm we both share.

Bcus it was my half eaten turkey sandwich that got in, for the fall term. its that easy!
    cdames92
    I got a letter in the mail today, acknowledging that they revieved my application. It included steps to login and check my status.

Did you get this?
    Dymecaker305,
    Im from the area too.. and it looks like I need to step my sub game up.

Jfils98,
    Yes, I got that letter a couple of months ago... I signed into iRattler and it says my application was complete (even when the admissions lady said they didn't have my transcripts)... You have to change your password every so often and I forgot what I put as my new password so I haven't been on in a while.
  • TarriaTarria Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    I wouldn't get worried if I were you they said the same thing to me and a few days later they sent my acceptance letter.
    Congratulations Tarria! :) When did you send your application in?
    Ohkay.. So I finally got my acceptance letter.. After four months they finally received my transcripts (for some reason they didn't receive them electronically the three times I sent them) but I'm happy about being accepted. :)
This discussion has been closed.