Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chances of getting in?

21NFK9421NFK94 Registered User Posts: 133 Junior Member
edited April 2012 in Florida State University
I'm a Junior

Unweighted GPA: 3.4
Weighted GPA: 3.9

SAT: 1830
ACT: Haven't received my scores yet

APs:
Human Geography, US Government, Comparative Government, English Language, World History, Psychology, US History, Calculus AB
-Next year I'll be in: Statistics, Macro/Micro, English Lit, Latin, and Biology

(The majority of classes that weren't AP were honors, or requirements like PE)

ECs:
-4 Years of Cross Country (will be Captain as a senior--on a side note, will colleges be able to see that? Just curious)
-4 Years of Track (Captain as a senior)
-Vice President of Latin Club (Junior)
-President of Latin Club (as a senior)
-I'm also in a few other clubs/honor societies, but I didn't have a leadership position so I don't think they're worth mentioning

In-State Student

Thanks! And I've heard it's very hard to get into, but do I even have a prayer of being accepted into the Honors College?
Post edited by 21NFK94 on

Replies to: Chances of getting in?

• parent2nolesparent2noles Registered User Posts: 7,961 Senior Member
    Accepted to regular admission - good. Honors - likely not:
    The average academic profile of students that were offered honors invitation in 2012 was as follows: 4.3 academic GPA*; 31 ACT composite, and 2070 SAT total.
    See: The Florida State University | FSU Honors Program
  • PasbalPasbal Registered User Posts: 2,000 Senior Member
    I'm with p2n. Accepted to FSU? Yeah, you've probably got a dang good shot. Acceptance to FSU Honors? I doubt it.
  • 21NFK9421NFK94 Registered User Posts: 133 Junior Member
    Thanks for the replies! It makes me feel better that yall think I'm pretty safe getting into regular admission. As for the Honors college, that's what I figured, I'm still going to finish junior year strong just in case, but I won't be disappointed if I don't get in.

And I've been looking at the FSU Honors page, and they say that there's another opportunity to apply after freshman year first semester, if you have a 3.8 college GPA. How hard would this be if I plan on being a Biology major? I just don't know how easy/hard it is to get As in college compared to high school.
This discussion has been closed.