Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Landis Info

SunshinestatemomSunshinestatemom Registered User Posts: 142 Junior Member
edited July 2012 in Florida State University
D would like to put up a curtain over the blinds. Considerering the no damage to the walls policy, would a tension rod work and does anyone know the width? Measurements are not mentioned on the housing page. Also, regarding a shower curtain; does she need shower curtain hooks? Appreciate any input, suggestions.
Post edited by Sunshinestatemom on

Replies to: Landis Info

• PasbalPasbal Registered User Posts: 1,963 Senior Member
    I don't know about the curtains (I'm not sure if all the windows are the same size, or whether a tension rod would work), but your daughter will need shower curtain hooks, yes. :)
  • SunshinestatemomSunshinestatemom Registered User Posts: 142 Junior Member
    Thanks for the information!
  • PasbalPasbal Registered User Posts: 1,963 Senior Member
    If you're going to help your daughter during move in, you could probably measure the window(s) then, and then go to any of the local stores and get what you need.

I would venture a guess that the reason they don't list what the measurements of the windows are is likely at least partially due to the windows not all being the same size.
  • sarabeara12sarabeara12 Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    Here is another question regarding Landis: are the floors separated based on gender, or do boys and girls live on the same floor? I don't have a preference either way but was just curious. Also, are there study rooms on each floor? Thanks!
  • NoletteNolette Registered User Posts: 259 Junior Member
    All of the rooms in Landis are different. A few of the rooms have bay windows with 3 different sizes, and you won't know your set up until you get there. I would suggest buying a few different size adjustable tension rods so you won't have to search for the right size in Tallahassee. Each size uses a screw and spring to lock it into the size you need. You can return the ones you don't need. Walmart, Target Home Depot and Lowes have a variety of sizes. Don't forget to pack a small toolkit.

There are boys and girls on each floor, usually arranged by corridor, but you never know.

You might need an extra long shower curtain, or at least a longer stall shower liner, which you may have to cut at the bottom. I think the rod is about an inch or two higher than it should be, and your bathroom can flood if the curtain is a bit short. Try to coordinate this with your suitemates, if you can find them. The room numbers that share a bathroom are +/- 2. If you are in 222, you might share with 220 or 224.
This discussion has been closed.