Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Seminole16Seminole16 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
edited July 2012 in Florida State University
If I go into FSU being an ops student, but live in Naples, FL. in the summer, and work there, can I be considered a resident my sophomore year?
Post edited by Seminole16 on

Replies to: Residency

  • SikorskySikorsky Registered User Posts: 5,851 Senior Member
    Let me google that for you

    The upshot is that in Florida, as in most states, you cannot establish residency for purposes of tuition while you are a student. And working over a summer doesn't cut it.
  • SweetheartCrocSweetheartCroc Registered User Posts: 589 Member
    It's very difficult to establish residency in most states these days, unless you've been in the state for a while. That's true almost anywhere these days.

    If you live in parts of Alabama or Georgia, you can get close to in-state tuition at the FSU, Panama City campus.

    Alabama and Georgia Tuition Plan / Tuition & Fees / Admissions & Records / Panama City Campus / FSU - Panama City Campus

    "FSU Panama City tuition for qualifying residents of these designated Alabama or Georgia counties will consist of the Florida in-state tuition for course offerings at the Panama City campus plus $20 per semester hour for undergraduate and graduate courses. "
  • damien1350damien1350 Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    You can claim teeny once you have have lived in florida with valid proof, all you need is two forms of identification. So get a florida drivers license and register your car in florida our get a voters registration in florida. Once those two documents verify that you have had them for a year, then you can claim residency. Somewhat of a hassle but big payoff in the end.

    Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
This discussion has been closed.