Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

EC's - How much is enough?

haileemackkhaileemackk Registered User Posts: 56 Junior Member
edited September 2012 in Florida State University
I really want to go to FSU for Film Studies. Right now I am a Sophomore and am home schooled with FLVS. These are my Extra Curriculars:

Creative Writing
History
Newspaper
Yearbook
Student Ambassador

*I am home schooled this year because of my health problems, so I don't know what else I can do to really prove myself, you know? Does anyone have any advice as to what I could do?
I'm taking honors classes, but won't be able to take AP until next year because I'll have to take the exam.
Post edited by haileemackk on

Replies to: EC's - How much is enough?

• FSUDAD1FSUDAD1 Registered User Posts: 224 Junior Member
    I feel that EC's fall a distant fourth to GPA, strength of core curriculum, and test scores. If those first three are solid, your current EC's are more than enough.

Definitely take AP classes when available.
  • egelloc80egelloc80 Registered User Posts: 818 Member
    As many as you can handle. If you have to be home school because of health problems then you can't handle it because handling it also involves health wise.
  • haileemackkhaileemackk Registered User Posts: 56 Junior Member
    Thanks for the advice! Right now my GPA is a 3.9 but I havn't taken any of the testing yet. I'm really going to try to take AP next year. And my health problems will hopefully be over shortly :)
This discussion has been closed.