Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Dropping a Class After Drop/Add

Fsu1213Fsu1213 Registered User Posts: 29 New Member
edited September 2013 in Florida State University
I've been seriously considering changing my major for about a year now, and have finally decided to do so. Unfortunately, I made this decision after add/drop week, so I'm taking classes for my current major. I really want to drop one of these classes though, but if I did that I'd only have 11 hours.
I've know I can drop a class up until the 7th week of classes without it appearing on my transcript, which is what I want to do, but I'm confused on two things.
Would it be okay if I continued with 11 hours? Also, I know I have to pay back financial aid, but does that mean I have to pay back bright futures, or bright futures + student loan?
Post edited by Fsu1213 on

Replies to: Dropping a Class After Drop/Add

• PasbalPasbal Registered User Posts: 2,000 Senior Member
    To change your major, you have to still be on-track in your new major. You will need to make sure that you meet the milestones for the new major so that you can transfer into it.

If you have completed under 60 credit hours, you also will likely have to get permission from the Division of Undergraduate Studies to drop below 12 credit hours.
This discussion has been closed.