Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Resume help!

vanessa0311vanessa0311 Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
edited September 2013 in Florida State University
I feel like this is my tenth thread on here haha..

Anyways, I'm currently doing my resume and am completely stumped.

First of all, is there a specific template they want it in, or just a simple bulleted list? What exactly does a resume for FSU look like?

Second of all, my academic achievements section looks absolutely dead. I had to scrape out a memory I had of freshman year where my science fair project was selected to compete regionally (never did, but hey I qualified). That's about all I got. And that makes my resume look pitiful. I feel like I should explain my HS does not give out absolutely any award?? No honor roll, no student of the month, not even a class rank. I would've definitely have made honor roll every semester, as I NEVER got anything below a B on report cards. But my school is a technical one and I guess that itself makes it different from a regular HS where awards actually exist.

Other than that, I've never competed anywhere nor won anything. All of this is really taking a blow on my self-esteem and diminishing my hopes of ever being accepted.

So...any advice?
Post edited by vanessa0311 on

Replies to: Resume help!

• vanessa0311vanessa0311 Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
    Edit: Also, should I list the classes I took during dual enrollment? Or does that not belong here?
  • PasbalPasbal Registered User Posts: 2,000 Senior Member
    You aren't supposed to talk just about the classes you took and awards you get at school, anyway.

You also should talk about what you did out of school that makes you special. Maybe you volunteered somewhere, or even helped organize a team or something. Lots of things that you may not think count can be added.

They should tell you somewhere on the page what they want you to include (or what to leave out).
  • faithciavarellafaithciavarella Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    Did u get in
This discussion has been closed.