Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

So who's applying to FSU for Fall 2008

Replies to: So who's applying to FSU for Fall 2008

• nycollegedadnycollegedad Registered User Posts: 684 Member
    welcome Rin

good luck

our son is also anxiously awaiting his decision.
  • RahkRahk Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
    I noticed a few of you guys had a similar concern about this date. The FSU representative at my school specifically said that all october ACT/SAT dates would be taken, and considered for this decision date. My ACT scores (the test I took in october) show up on my application status, but the decision area says that I will be notified of my decision in FEBRUARY!!! I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and if they have spoken to an FSU rep. about this?
    when did you submit your application?
    My application, aside from test scores, was submitted in september.
  • cybermomcybermom Registered User Posts: 1,220 Senior Member
    So you had no test scores at all submitted before the deadline?
    Your first test scores were October?
    It may be that they were saying they would use your most recent scores if they were better than your previous scores but since you had none, maybe you missed the deadline for the November 28th notification.
    Try calling them tomorrow to find out, school is still in session Wednesday.
    Your thought was a good one, and one that was brought up at the presentation, so that's why I'm so confused. Perhaps it was just a misunderstanding on my part. Do you suggest I call the admissions office? Thanks for the speedy replies by the way!
    To clear up my last post, I had no previous scores. The october date was the first one, and your point ( them talking about applicants who already had scores) was asked at the presentation :P . So naturally after seeing the Feb date on my application, I was a bit freaked, when i was assured as long as the rest of my application was completed, and I had my october ACT scores sent in, I would be notified of my decision on the 28th of November.
  • sunnyfloridasunnyflorida Registered User Posts: 4,790 Senior Member
    Rahk, have you been checking your status all along? Did it once say Nov 28 and then changed to Feb? Or did it say incomplete, and then listed Feb? If everything but scores were in in Sept, when exactly did you discover that it said you would find out the decision in Feb? I would call for sure tomorrow-Wed and get clarification.

Every single person my D knows that applied to FSU applied "by the Oct" deadline. They must have had a huge number of early birds. I am not so sure early will be any "less" competitive than later. And given that 3/4 of those we know also applied for summer, I remain worried that that may no longer be an edge this year either.

Call them and see what they have to say.
    Sunnyflorida, It went from ready for review, to Feb. I discovered the Feb notice this morning. I am definitely going to be calling tomorrow for clarification because FSU being my number 1, and my needing housing, knowing earlier would be better than knowing later. I just think Feb is such a long time for a decision for an app completed in september, and receiving scores from an october test date. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and am going to call first thing tomorrow! Wish me luck!
  • parent2nolesparent2noles Registered User Posts: 7,957 Senior Member
    FSU pushed the entire Spring 2008 applicant pool into Fall 2008. This could be an example of another variation of that. It sounds that way.

Best of luck, Rahk. Give them a call and keep trying. If you have any special circumstances or are economically disadvantaged be sure to mention that to the admissions officer.

i think in the eyes of fsu, they view a "fully completed application" as one that has been submitted along with test scores, essay and official hs transcript.

it sounds like you got all of those items in except for the test scores (because you hadn't taken them yet).

I would say as it stands right now, based upon what you have told us, you are not in the October 10 pool. however, if you call and expalin yopur situation perhaps they will make the adjustment.

good luck to you, i hope it works out.
    Just got off the phone with FSU's office of admissions. They said that the rep. at my school meant you needed to have some form of test scores by the oct 10th date, and that october test dates would be considered as well. So I guess I get to find out on February 20th -.- I wonder if there will be any housing left at that point 0.0
  • parent2nolesparent2noles Registered User Posts: 7,957 Senior Member
    Give Housing a call and see what your options are...

Florida State University Housing - Future Students
  • timelytimely Registered User Posts: 1,613 Senior Member
    S is applying to FSU in film production. He's also applying to USC, Chapman, and the University of Texas. He had his app in on Oct. 11th (I think he finally submitted it after midnight on 10/10), but his transcript was sent after that, so I would not think he'll be considered for this round.
  • cybermomcybermom Registered User Posts: 1,220 Senior Member
    If you don't get on-campus housing, there are also private dorms like Southgate, Seminole Oaks and Heritage Grove apartments that are almost like living on campus and should have space for you. SGA provides a list of off campus options as well http://www.fsu.edu/~sga/och/listings.html
This discussion has been closed.