Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

So who's applying to FSU for Fall 2008

SoCal18SoCal18 Registered User Posts: 1,674 Senior Member
edited November 2007 in Florida State University
And what other schools are you considering?
Post edited by SoCal18 on

Replies to: So who's applying to FSU for Fall 2008

• seiclanseiclan Registered User Posts: 4,182 Senior Member
    My D2 applied. She also applied to UF, UCF and UMiami.
  • PoetreePoetree User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 75 Junior Member
    I applied and FSU is my number one choice. I also have applied to UF, FIT, and Penn State. How about you?
  • tomatokingtomatoking Registered User Posts: 847 Member
    i am,and i better get in!
  • nycollegedadnycollegedad Registered User Posts: 684 Member
    we are from new york. our son has applied to FSU. other schools he has applied to are UF, UCF, U Tampa, Penn State, Indiana & SUNY Albany.

clearly his top picks are FSU and UF. we really liked our recent visit to Tally!
  • mcoopermcooper Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    I am :]
    I have all of my stuff in for the application except for my high school resume and letters of recommendation.

My top choice is FSU, but I'm also applying to UF. UCF & USF St. Petersburg are my back ups.
  • SoCal18SoCal18 Registered User Posts: 1,674 Senior Member
    I'm also applying to UMiami, Loyola Marymount, San Diego State, U of Arizona, and Indiana University.
  • skibirdskibird Registered User Posts: 279 Junior Member
    My daugher applied to FSU on Aug 15. It is her 1st choice. She also applied to University of Tampa and Mercer University.
  • Fsu-ufFsu-uf Registered User Posts: 936 Member
    good luck to everyone hopefully you'll join the nole family...
    skibird

where are you from. we are from westchester, ny. our son applied last month to fsu.
    nycollegedad

We live in Naples, FL. Quite a few years ago, my husband and I both went for a semester to King's College (formerly located in Briarcliff Manor). You live in a gorgeous part of the country. Good luck to your son. FSU is an awesome university!
    skibird

our son also applied to tampa. it was a nice campus. totally different to fsu.

good luck! now that his applications are in, we are in waiting mode.
  • CollegeFreshCollegeFresh Registered User Posts: 112 Junior Member
    Yes, I am... from OOS too.. and my other apps are going to.. well all over the Midwest.
    nycollegedad

We're just waiting at this point also. (We're glad she got her apps in early.) UTampa is her 2nd choice-It is a nice medium-sized school. FSU is a large university, but is compact (unlike UF which is spread over 2000 acres).

CollegeFresh - Where are you from?
  • PoetreePoetree User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 75 Junior Member
    hey i am from westchester too. i really want to go to fsu since they have a fashion merchandising major.FIT is so expensive and I worry that the students wont be as friendly. UF was so much fun when my mom and I visited during welcome week.
  • Write OnWrite On Registered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
    Hello, everyone! I am skibird's daughter who just happened to stumble upon this thread (hi, mom).

All the information my mother has provided is accurate; I have applied for the Florida State University class of 2008. I am theoretically a "shoe-in," but, should I not get in, I would likely attend University of Tampa (after crying my eyes out for about 3 days straight, but that's besides the point).

I had considered University of Florida, but quickly scratched it off with permanent marker after visiting the campus (I'll spare all of you the long list of what I found...undesirable).
This discussion has been closed.