Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Good Luck To Those Waiting To Hear On Wednesday!

1234568»

Replies to: Good Luck To Those Waiting To Hear On Wednesday!

• nycollegedadnycollegedad Registered User Posts: 684 Member
    izzabizzal

UCF is a great school with so much to offer. You never know about the waitlist, but you should feel good about UCF. we are from ny and know of several kids who are very good students that did not get in to UCF.

the college acceptance process can be very difficult. it is good to make a decision (you have a great choice in UCF), and start preparing and planning for next fall. That will be an exciting time for you and I wish you the best of luck!
  • mcoopermcooper Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    My boyfriend was accepted, his scores:
    1370 SAT 4.4 GPA with many extracurriculars, strong senior schedule (4 AP courses) He is also valedictorian of his class. Even with stats like that, I was still a bit skeptical of whether or not he would make it in.
    Was there anyone on this board accepted?
  • tomatokingtomatoking Registered User Posts: 847 Member
    i was :)

i applied for the nov. 28 notification date.
  • lizardlizard Registered User Posts: 3,410 Senior Member
    Received my denial letter today from FSU. In letter FSU admissions did invite me to participate in Tallahassee Community College to FSU program. Guess one could attend TCC and have access to some FSU facilities and events while preparing at TCC and transfer to FSU eventually upon completing AA. Seems like it would be a good option for anyone who had their heart dead set on attending FSU. I am going to attend University of South Florida.
  • parent2nolesparent2noles Registered User Posts: 7,961 Senior Member
    Good luck to you, lizard. USF is a fine school.
  • lizardlizard Registered User Posts: 3,410 Senior Member
    P2N...Thanks, I want to be a teacher and USF has a great education college. I better get down there soon though before they change admission standards again! USF just raised standards for transfers--including AA transfers from Florida community colleges.

http://usfweb3.usf.edu/absolutenm/templates/?a=606&z=31
    Remember that the state also provides generous scholarships to those entering the teaching profession. ;)

Personally, I'd rather you be a 'Nole. Perhaps graduate school later? :)
  • blueskymomblueskymom Registered User Posts: 330 Member
    p2n do you have any info re the state $$incentives for ed majors? are these opps for oos students too if they agree to teach in florida?
    I've only heard of these programs, I don't have first-hand knowledge. They seem very generous - with the goal of increasing the number and quality of educators in Florida.

FSU's College of Education: coe.fsu.edu

Here's a link to the FSU College of Education list of Assistantships, Fellowships, Financial Aid, Scholarships: coe.fsu.edu | finaid

Note that perhaps the best way to determine support would be to contact the office of the dean: coe.fsu.edu | office of the dean

Like all scholarships at state universities apply EARLY! :)
  • blueskymomblueskymom Registered User Posts: 330 Member
    thank you. i will check it out...
1234568»
This discussion has been closed.