Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Out of State Transfer Question

THEmainTHEmain Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
edited May 2010 in Florida State University
I'm interested in transfering into the sports management program from a CC in CA. What kind of GPA is generally accepted? Thanks.
Post edited by THEmain on

Replies to: Out of State Transfer Question

• sofla2929sofla2929 Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    You'd need at least a 3.0 - obviously the higher you go the better.
  • THEmainTHEmain Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    after reading the required GPA i saw a 3.0 is the minimum I was wondereing if there is a safe number that I can bank on getting in with. 3.3-3.5??? U of Florida is another possibility not sure how hard the admissions are to each school. Do you have any idea? Any information would be super appreciated. Thanks.
  • sofla2929sofla2929 Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    UF doesn't always accept transfers for certain subjects, so you may be out of luck entirely on that one.

If your major only accepts a certain amount of applicants per term, then it's likely going to need to be around 3.5

I transferred from another university (with no AA), with 60 credits, and had a 3.29 at the time they were doing the review process. That was to a non limited access major.
This discussion has been closed.