right arrow
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ehales3 is a rising sophomore at Cornell University. As a high school student, she always thought that she wanted to study in a more urban environment, but has grown to love Ithaca and all that it offers. ASK HER ANYTHING!
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Transfer Student Registering for Classes..?

viirgoviirgo 17 replies7 threads New Member
edited July 2010 in Fordham University
I'm a transfer for fall at the Rose Hill campus. This might seem like a stupid question, but how do I know what classes to sign up for? I never received a catalog or anything. Is there a place online where I can view the breakdown of classes required for the core, as well as for my major (Biology)?

Also, how do I know which of my previous coursework (at community college) has been accepted/transferred to avoid repeating completed credits?

thanks for your help.
edited July 2010
4 replies
Post edited by viirgo on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Transfer Student Registering for Classes..?

• ramfan2013ramfan2013 56 replies1 threads Junior Member
    go to my.fordham.edu, and log in. click on the student tab. click on degreeworks. watch your world change. degreeworks shows everything you need to complete in order to get your degree. all the core classes, all your major classes, any transfer credits you might have, all of it. enjoy. :)
    · Reply · Share
  • happy1happy1 23974 replies2404 threads Super Moderator
    You should know your advisor/dean and it would be a good idea to contact them and set up an appointment either in person or by phone if you can't make it to campus. You can go over what classes you are getting credit for, what classes you need etc. Someone I know is transferring to Fordham this year and found that to be very helpful. If for any reason you don't have someone assigned, I'd call the school and try to find out who it is.
    · Reply · Share
  • thedoorsrulethedoorsrule 3 replies2 threads New Member
    hello i am also a transfer student at rose hill. I registered for my classes by setting up an appointment at the school and having the dean help me with my schedule. In the appointment he also showed me how many credits transferred over from my previous school
    · Reply · Share
  • viirgoviirgo 17 replies7 threads New Member
    Thanks, that part of the website really helps. I will be in Texas basically until move-in day, so hopefully I can get someone to help me over the phone on Monday. I'm so nervous that I'm cutting it close..
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity