right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
STUDENT GUEST OF THE WEEK: Ethan is a burgeoning tech enthusiast who got accepted into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Duke, Brown. This week he's answering your questions on how to best craft your application and narrow down your college search/decision process. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

best schools for international studies major

freethepufflesfreethepuffles 33 replies8 threads Junior Member
hi, i'm a junior in high school and i'd like to major in international studies with a minor in marketing. a lot of colleges offer international studies as a major but i want to differentiate the good ones from the bad ones. i'd really like to go to college in a city. my dream job is to be some type of marketing manager for Apple, Google, Amazon, or Space X. these are the schools i'm applying to right now, any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

- American
- Boston University
- Drexel
- Fordham
- NYU
- St. Joseph's
- Temple
- University of Pittsburgh
- University of Minnesota
- USC
- UCLA
- UCSB
- UCSD
- University of Washington

1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: best schools for international studies major

• gdubyagdubya 107 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Well first and foremost, if you want to go into business marketing, then an international affairs/studies/relations major isn't going to do you any good at all really. If you don't mind me asking, what's your rational behind wanting this particular major with those career goals?

But for whatever reason if you want to go into international affairs, then your list needs some amending.

Of your list, American has a great program. Boston University has a relatively new school for international affairs which I've heard good things about. UCLA is pretty okay. Pitt is average. UCSD is fine. NYU is meh. I wouldn't recommend any of the other schools off your list (though I can't say I know anything about St. Joseph's).

Here's my list of programs I think you need to look at if you're serious about Int'l Relations (in no particular order);

American U
    Boston U
    Northeastern
    George Washington University
    Georgetown
    All of the Ivies
    William & Mary
    Johns Hopkins
    Tufts
    UMD
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.