Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

best schools for international studies major

freethepufflesfreethepuffles Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
hi, i'm a junior in high school and i'd like to major in international studies with a minor in marketing. a lot of colleges offer international studies as a major but i want to differentiate the good ones from the bad ones. i'd really like to go to college in a city. my dream job is to be some type of marketing manager for Apple, Google, Amazon, or Space X. these are the schools i'm applying to right now, any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

- American
- Boston University
- Drexel
- Fordham
- St. Joseph's
- Temple
- University of Pittsburgh
- University of Minnesota
- University of Washington

Replies to: best schools for international studies major

• gdubyagdubya Registered User Posts: 108 Junior Member
    Well first and foremost, if you want to go into business marketing, then an international affairs/studies/relations major isn't going to do you any good at all really. If you don't mind me asking, what's your rational behind wanting this particular major with those career goals?

But for whatever reason if you want to go into international affairs, then your list needs some amending.

Of your list, American has a great program. Boston University has a relatively new school for international affairs which I've heard good things about. UCLA is pretty okay. Pitt is average. UCSD is fine. NYU is meh. I wouldn't recommend any of the other schools off your list (though I can't say I know anything about St. Joseph's).

Here's my list of programs I think you need to look at if you're serious about Int'l Relations (in no particular order);

American U
    Boston U
    George Washington University
    All of the Ivies
    William & Mary
    Johns Hopkins