Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Which is more expensive?

ucfdespretucfdespret Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
edited January 2014 in Foreign Medical Education
Is it cheaper to go to DIMC(Dow International Medical College) in karachi pakistan or to do three years undergrad (Ap credits take out 1 year of undergrad) and 2 years of PA school in the United States? Please advise. Im not sure if i want to be a doctor or a physicians assistant, which ever is cheaper i will do. 5 years med schooling at a medical college in Pakistan or 3 years undergrad ucf and 2 years PA school someplace nearby?
Post edited by ucfdespret on

Replies to: Which is more expensive?

• toledotoledo Registered User Posts: 4,873 Senior Member
    I'm betting it's cheaper to go to medical school in Pakistan. How much is it?
  • ucfdespretucfdespret Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    It's like 18,000 a semester I think
  • JasonRyansJasonRyans Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    In China, your entire medical education could be completed in Rs 15-25 lakh, less than half what it would cost to even buy a seat in a private medical college, excluding the additional expense of tuition fees, food and board costs. China is amongst the cheapest destinations for a medical degree and has a large number of seats.

Source:
    Kevin Cook Orthodontics
  • JasonRyansJasonRyans Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    In China, your entire medical education could be completed in Rs 15-25 lakh, less than half what it would cost to even buy a seat in a private medical college, excluding the additional expense of tuition fees, food and board costs. China is amongst the cheapest destinations for a medical degree and has a large number of seats.

Source:
    Kevin Cook Orthodontics
This discussion has been closed.