right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

King Edward Medical College

2»

Replies to: King Edward Medical College

• XlikXlik 1 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1 New Member
    edited November 2016
    Ok so im in HS in the US too and I'm a junior so I still have time (not much) to get my GPA n Transcript perfect. Overall I'm a A,B student and I feel like I might have to do my medical degree from pk so if you guys do have any tips or news for foreign students that would be great
    edited November 2016
    · Reply · Share
  • sky20675sky20675 6 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 8 New Member
    edited April 2017
    Does anybody have any tips as to what forums I should go on to get some ideas or tips about enrolling in Medical school in PK (I'm also in high school in the U.S. with a pretty good GPA) Also, does anybody have any ideas if college credit/dual credit that I got in high school will improve my chances? Like let's say I'm doing my high school courses while completing courses at my local community college, will that carry any weight in the application process?
    edited April 2017
    · Reply · Share
  • sciencenerdsciencenerd 1531 replies236 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,767 Senior Member
    @sky20675-I don't know too much other forums that have info on Pak med schools. SDN might be worth taking a look. With my limited knowledge I know that some med schools in India/Pak expect one to have taken the AP sciences (Bio, Chem, Physics). As far as taking classes at a CC that would only help if your school doesn't already offer APs.

Also, I would contact the schools you're interested in directly as each school might have vastly different policies.

Good luck.
    · Reply · Share
  • i_wanna_be_Browni_wanna_be_Brown 8230 replies73 discussionsForum Champion Brown Posts: 8,303 Forum Champion
    @sky20675 I can give you all the advice you need if your goal is to be a physician in the USA: Don't do it.
    · Reply · Share
    edited April 2017
    @i_wanna_be_Brown Just curious, any reason why?
    edited April 2017
    · Reply · Share
    edited April 2017
    @sciencenerd Thanks for the info
    edited April 2017
    · Reply · Share
  • i_wanna_be_Browni_wanna_be_Brown 8230 replies73 discussionsForum Champion Brown Posts: 8,303 Forum Champion
    The majority of foreign-trained physicians don't get into residency in the states (contrast that to only 5% of American trained physicians who fail to get into residency) and the ones who do are typically rural or inner city primary care specialties and have to be head and shoulders above the American-trained students who will be at their program.

There's not a single legal thing you can do to tank your chances at a career in medicine the way going foreign does.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity