right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Kunfuzed101 is here to answer you ?'s about medical school admission in Pakistan.

123457»

Replies to: Kunfuzed101 is here to answer you ?'s about medical school admission in Pakistan.

• greysfan123greysfan123 5 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi... Aku is sooo my dream.... i just wanna know what books i need to be studying for the test and i am especially concerned about the time limit...can the paper be completed in time easily and WHAT is soo hard abt the interview..??
    · Reply · Share
  • sumbalsumbal 1 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1 New Member
    if this thread is still alive...i wanna ask a few questions...is there any canadian highskool graduate here that i could talk to?
    · Reply · Share
  • rockstarimran89rockstarimran89 1 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1 New Member
    HI kunfuze101,
    I am a Premed Student,m interested in getng admissions in AKU,King Edwardz,pluz odr universitez,but my prob is dat im a frshly graduate of fsc and dnt knw what reference books should i uze to in order to qualify 4 da test specially AKU>AZ I HV Heard 4rm PPl THat Its(AKU'S TEST) Z TOugher Than FSC STAndardz .... Could u suggest me Some REference Bookz,,,FOR aKU and KE....>Since I wd b takng aku test in d upcoming monthz(i think march)probably plus BRiefly about shortlisting and interview related Consequences,,,,,,, THnx In ADvanc>>>^.^
    · Reply · Share
  • farrryfarrry 1 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1 New Member
    salam!are federal board students accepted by DMC??I am a student of second year (federal board) , kindly tell me will my board create any obstacle for my admission in DMC? because my first and last dream is to be a part of DOW MEDICAL COLLEGE!
    · Reply · Share
  • enchoudharyenchoudhary 1 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1 New Member
    hi i am an undergraduate student in university of seychelles MD course completed my major subjects in med would like to knw which uni in pak accepts transfer students as i dont wanna start from again.............i have completed antomy,physiology,immunology,histology,neorscience,embrology,biochem,epidermiology,med terms,beha sciences
    · Reply · Share
  • finkasiafinkasia 1 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey Kunfuzed Im graduating this year in 2011. And im applying to pakistani medical colleges from America.Im specifically targetting KE Med school.Ive actually moved back and forth between paK and US so im familiar with paki system.So do i have to give SAT for KE criteria.On the D.C. Embassy site it says its not that clear.So im totally confused.Im taking my biology and chem subject tests this month but how did u get in? Need help...
    · Reply · Share
  • shyllatshyllat 1 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1 New Member
    hi well i'm a junior at highschool
    -i have a 3.9 Gpa
    -i have an A in english
    -I passed biology with a B+
    -And i have a B in chem right now
    -I'm still planning to take AP Bio and physic during my last year
    -And what SATs or tests i need to take for pakistani medical schools

To be more specific the colleges i'm considering are fatima jinnah medical college and king edwards medical college, so with the grades and status i have right now is there even a chance of me getting admission to any of them?
    · Reply · Share
  • sarahdar15sarahdar15 2 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi every one my name is Sarah and i am currently residing in the US i did my 9th and 10th grade in Pakistan and took physics and chemistry and then i had to move to US i did my 11th and 12th here in the US with biology, earth science and physical science can i still apply to AKU (Aga Khan University) ? After getting my IBCC certificate i knw my grades will be effected a lot but if i do very well on my SAT I and SAT II do i have a good chance to get in ? And is it going to be safe for me to stay in a hostel for i will be living alone ? Please someone who has been a foreign student and gotten in help me through it ...!! thank you, i really am in a frenzy deciding what to do ....

I got 533 out of 850 in my ninth and tenth grade in pakistan in computer science with physics chemistry computer science and then i came here to the US. I do not have the grades of my 12th grade but these are my grades from 11th grade are these good enough

Biology 85
    biology 85
    Marketing principe 94
    Marketing principle 94
    MAth 88
    Math 88

All the above are for one semester and they are all different courses

Second semester 11th grade

Am Lit/ comp 89
    american govt. 90
    Math II 83
    personal fitness 99
    physical science 95
    US history 82
    and art 95

Are these good for Aga khan university in karachi and any medical colleges in lahore or Pakistan ? I will also be taking my SAT I and SAT II also. I would really appreciate if Bang and Mr. Doc could reply and give advice regarding what to do.

Thank You.
    · Reply · Share
  • ucfdespretucfdespret 21 replies11 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    Hi, soorry to bother but i found this thread hoping some one might reply so here i go. I am currently a high school senior and i really want to get into DIMC. I just wanted to get information. I read that in order to get in, one needs IBCC OR SAT II scores. I got A's and B's in my years of highschool excepts for 1 C in Chemistry(my worst science ;[) and 1 for anatomy. Can I get in with only SAT II scores into DIMC? Please let me know much appreciates.
    · Reply · Share
  • JJasmine1398JJasmine1398 2 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi! I am new to all this. I was recently notified in this year, that i will be moving, most likely, to Pakistan and will attend a med school there. problem is, i dont have a clue on how the education system woks. I am from NYC. im will not be taking the entry tests, but instead SAT 2(subject tests), and in order to get admitted, i have to score higher than 550, out of 800, on chem, bio and physics subject test. recently i looked into King Edward Medical and immediately made up my mind that it would be my first choice, it was really appealing to me. However, i quickly realized that it was a demanding school. long story short, can you tell me how high my grades have to be in order to get in? my scores are in the high 80s, but i have had honor classes, AP classes and college level science electives in high school. (im finishing up grade 12 right now) as i graduate, i will be graduating with an advanced regents diploma, with mastery in science and a certified medical administarative assistant certificate. please help me. i feel like i am aiming a little too high.
    · Reply · Share
  • JJasmine1398JJasmine1398 2 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2 New Member
    are you there?
    · Reply · Share
  • Erin's DadErin's Dad 32915 replies3643 discussionsSuper Moderator Posts: 36,558 Super Moderator
    The OP started this thread in 2007(!) and hasn't been on CC since 2011. Try starting a new thread.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity